Wednesday, April 27, 2005
14. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;
15. nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
16. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
14. You are the light of the world. A town put on a hill may be seen by all.
15. And a burning light is not put under a vessel, but on its table; so that its rays may be shining on all who are in the house.
16. Even so let your light be shining before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
Three versions of the same three verses; one from the New American Standard Bible (Americans have standards...?!?); the second from the good old King James Version; and the third emanating from the B.E.B. - Basic English Bible... too bad that, to truly fully grasp all the intricacies of the Gospels, one has to go back to the basics all right - however, those basics are to be found in Cyrillic and in Greek!
...to watch over and over again... http://www.wisehearts.com/yaam.html