Forget About That "Secret" (and Invisible too, now) Corny Corner-Ribbon's Drivel! The Real Secret is HERE Indeed - not over there!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

two for tuesday; rioting rappers are a riot - are they not

Nothing quite like a little rap to vent some built-up frustration and anger - hmm? The lyrics are uttered, not sung, in the form of one long rant and often distasteful diatribe (ok- most times distasteful... especially if it is slim boy shadey or whatever he used to alternatively call himself - Dr. Dre's protégé, the Robin to the "doctor"'s Batman [as they even staged themselves in a video] - yes, Eminem! The mark of a true artist is when he (or she) is able to find inspiration from the most mundane things - take from anywhere and build with it from there... hence the time when he chose his stage name after, evidently, a bout with another uncontrollable urge for M&M's...!?! But I digress).

Eminem may be funny in all of his videos - the songs are just not the same when you just listen to them. Not the same thing with my man... Ludacris!
Fitting that Luminous Luciano would back up Ludacris... in a twisted bit of unlogic and mayhaps even fate, Ludacris is -through his sense of humor, attitude and apparent temper- verily like a colored version of the author of this blog!
He has no patience for any bull$ith (yes - I will run this $tar war$ $ith thing through the mud until it gets so old... so old... that it is older than old?!? *lol*) - judging from his masterpiece (IMHO) "Get Back"... A pleasant song to listen to even without the video (for if Eminem is merely Robin, Ludacris is -again- a colored... Popeye?!? Those arms... he punches through things in the video effortlessly... great method for letting out some steam!). And - Ludacris is NOT full of himself one bit for all that denouncing of bullsith around him... sort of... like ME! If you knew how lesser I feel right this instant, faithful readers, as I type this...! After all, Eminem and Ludacris have much in common with myself - we are all Creative Types! And The Creative Type (also referred to as the creator - but I find it odd because there is only ONE Creator - so I go with my own prefered label here - bite me *lol*) the Creative, thus, is known to go between extremes of superiority complex and thinking that he is the scum of the earth (that is my blessing / curse - yes). This inner conflict occasionates opportunities for him though to create his stories, conversation and anything else he feels the urge to weave, usually a spur of the moment thing - but often the result of much thought, sometimes unconscious planning even... Fits us three to a T... indubitably!


















Labels: , ,


Comments:
My personal description of a rappper is:

A person who utters nonsensical neurotic jargon as they spit into a microphone, while bellowing reverberations that offensively assault my ears.

I am no fan of rappers therefore can not say much about them that is postive in this blog! This blog is luminous, for the truth only! I would not be telling the truth if I were to say anything other than the complete truth!

I have found very few exceptions to my description above. Only a few times have I heard some good rock, mixed with a little rap and it sound ok. Most times the rap just messes up the whole song!

Luciano,

Thanks for sharing your views with us about this subject. I wasn't even sure what to say at first since I don't like rap! lol I finally found something didn't I! lol

((HUGS))
Countess
 
LUDACRIS LYRICS (Hmm... indeed... *lol*)

Get Back


[Intro]
Heads Up! Heads Up! Here's another one.. and a.. and a.. another one.

[Chorus]
(Yeek-Yeek Woop-Woop) Why you all in my ear? Talkin' a whole bunch a shit that I ain't tryin to hear.
Get Back! M*******r You don't know me like that.
Get back! M*******r You don't know me like that!
(Yeek-Yeek Woop-Woop) I ain't playin' around.. Make one false move, I'll take you down.
Get back! M*******r You don't know me like that.
Get back! M********r You don't know me like that!

[Verse 1]
So, so, come on, come on. DON'T get swung on, swung on. It's the knick-knack-patty-whack still riding cadillacs. Family
off the streets, made my homies put the baggies back. (Whoo!) Still snaggin' plaques (yep), still action-packed (yep), and
dope.. i keep it flippin' like acrobats. That's why I pack a mack, that'll crack a back, cause on my waist, there's more
heat than the shaq-attack! But I ain't speakin' about ballin', jus' thinkin' about brawlin' 'til y'all start ballin'. We
all in together now, birds of the feather now, jus' bought a plane so we change in the weather now. So put your brakes on,
cats put your capes on, and knock off your block, get dropped, and have your face blown. Cause I'll prove it, scratch off
the music, like hey little stupid, don't make me looose it!

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
I came (I came), I saw (I saw), I hit him right dead in the jaw (in the jaw). [x4]

See I caught him with a right hook, caught him with a jab, caught him with an upper cut, kicked him in his ass. Sent him
on his way cause I ain't for that talk, and no trips to the county.. I ain't for that walk! We split like 2 pins at the
end of a lane, we'll knock out your spotlight and put end to your fame. Holding DTP pinned at the end of yo' chain, and put
the booty of a swish at the end of a flaamme.

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
Hey, you want WHAT with me?! I'm gonna tell you one time, don't F**K with me! Get down! Beat his ass.. ain't got nothin'
to lose, and i'm havin a bad day, don't make me take it out on YOU! [x2]

Maann, cause I don't wanna do that. I wanna have a good time and enjoy my Jack.. sit back and watch some women get drunk
as hell, so I can wake up in the morning with a story to tell. I know it's been a little while since I've been out the
house, but now I'm here.. you wanna stand around runnin' yo' mouth? I can't hear nothing you sayin' or spittin', so what's
up? Don't you see we in the club?, man shut the f**k up!

[Chorus]

[Outro]
Ah! We in the red light district!
Ah! We in the red light district!
Whoo! We in the red light district!
Ah! We in the red light district!
Whoo! We in the red light district!
Whoo! The red light district!
Whoo! The red light district..
Ah! The red light district..


----------------------

A fine lyricist indeed...
Street talk is tough talk... man!
Not sure what the red light district has to do with the whole shebang though - it is a rather weak "outro" (first time I ever heard of an "outro" - the opposite of intro - everything has its opposite, right...? *lol*) to an overall aggressive song... I mean - who is there in the red light district that he really has to hit right dead in the jaw (in the jaw)... eh?!? (lol)
Leave the poor hoes alone - they have it bad as it is, Ludacris!
Vent your frustrations on cardboard walls and mock mailboxes... just like you did in the video!!!

Oh yeah - rappers can utter nothing but nonsensical neurotic jargon... or self-gratifying fluff also... but this GET BACK rant really would be one of the best in its genre...!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Luminous ARCHIVES


Est. 2003
© 2007 Onwards ~ Luminous Luciano Pimentel
TLB Prime, The Truth, Luminous Writings, Aqua Musings, The Saudades Blog, 365 Days/Reasons and every other affiliated TLB Prime Network site, whether on Blogger or on another provider, are the intellectual properties of Luminous Luciano aka Luciano Pimentel.
No sections of this website may be reproduced or used in any way, partially or completely, in any fashion whatsoever without written authorization - the only exceptions to this rule occurring in the advent of an objective review of the entertaining value of said material and/or in the advent of objective and 'fair use' of my copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Likewise, several elements displayed on this and on any given blog part of the TLB Prime Network may or may not be in the public domain; in the case of copyrighted material showing up here or anywhere else throughout this network, it is done so in accordance to the rules of the aforementioned FAIR USE ACT - always and in all ways.
All this in total and complete accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107.
For more information, once more, go here
God Bless!

  • Luminous
    Twitter


    on the bottom of the blog
    follow luminousluciano and the TLB Prime Network at http://twitter.com