Forget About That "Secret" (and Invisible too, now) Corny Corner-Ribbon's Drivel! The Real Secret is HERE Indeed - not over there!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

and in the end... what will be our reward...?

My great-uncle was a saintly man - one who sacrificed his own happiness and liberty for the good of his family; his sickly mother, widowed sister, challenged brother and two fatherless nieces... He supported them all to the end... the end of his life that is, which came prematurely but of natural causes (spurned on, however -surely- by the incessant worry...). My great-uncle was a towering man whose brother-in-law nicknamed "the bear" - one with a heart of gold.

Gaëtan Girouard was on top of his profession as a Montréal-based TV journalist - he co-hosted the hard-hitting show "J.E." which was all that crap fare such as HARD COPY only pretended to be - "J.E." was the real deal and exposed the bad guys like no other investigative journalism show would. Mr. Girouard made a lot of enemies that way... At home, Mr. Girouard took care of an extended family as well - including a mentally-challenged brother as well. All that pressure got to him at some point - and, despite his professional success and so many dependents, Mr. Girouard committed suicide. He was also a towering man with a heart of gold.

Christopher Reeve was the man of steel - another tall guy with a huge heart of gold. For years, his devoted wife Dana took care of him - an example to all the ladies out there (the other extreme is that Québec wife of a cop who packed up and left when she was needed the most - after her husband was shot in the face, surviving the ordeal but being disfigured in the process...). Dana Reeve is, therefore, an exemplary spouse and a great woman who continues to do a lot of good via the organisation named after her departed husband. Dana Reeve has been diagnosed with lung cancer now. Surely I know a few dozens rotten to the core souls (and not all are smokers either) who would deserve a disease like this - but not her. Yet, it she who has it and now her own battle against disease begins - her husband's battle ended unexpectedly as prematurely when things were actually looking up for him.

Our reward, when we do the right thing in this world, is not meant to be of this world - clearly. We have to endure and stay the course - until the day we are taken up, up and away - into the Greater Truth of the Universe... Our reward will be great then, surely, for no one has ever come back complaining they were displeased with what they got...! Who would be foolish enough to want to return to this cold cruel heartless world, that rewards kindness with cruelty and goodness with a stabbing in the back - who would want to return to that once having ascended? Once in The Presence of God, I would not want to return here - that is for sure. I will not precipitate such exit though - like Mr. Girouard, may God Have Mercy on his soul, unfortunately did. Persevere we must - and our reward will be great; on the other side. So said the Vanquisher of Death - Jesus Christ. And there is plenty of evidence to support that - one has but to open their eyes to see it.

The LORD the Shepherd of His People - A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. - Psalm 23 NKJV

Comments:
Christopher Reeve's Wife Has Lung Cancer
Aug 9, 9:49 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Dana Reeve, who spent nine years caring for her paralyzed husband, Christopher Reeve, until his death last year, announced Tuesday that she has lung cancer.

Reeve, 44, said she decided to disclose her illness following rumors about her health in the media.

"I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, and am currently undergoing treatment," Reeve said in a statement. "I have an excellent team of physicians, and we are optimistic about my prognosis."

"Now, more than ever, I feel Chris with me as I face this challenge," Reeve said. "As always, I look to him as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage and hope in the face of life's adversities."

Christopher Reeve, the onetime Hollywood "Superman" turned activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident, died Oct. 10, 2004.

Dana Reeve, an actress, was a constant companion and supporter of her husband during his long ordeal and his work for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

She is chairwoman of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, which funds research on paralysis and works to improve the life of the disabled. To date, it has awarded $55 million in research grants and $7.5 million in quality of life grants.

She was performing in the Broadway-bound play "Brooklyn Boy" in California when she had to streak home to reach her husband's bedside before he died. She gave up the role for the New York run.

Their son, Will, is 13 years old.

---

On the Net:

http://www.christopherreeve.org
 
Unlike other blogs that are all about "me me me" - the luminous blog is about the truth first - the rest later!

About me, I could say that I have often been compared to my saintly uncle... and it has been said of me that I have a heart of gold as well... then again, I have also been called names, been cursed and been the target of visceral hatred... it can't be helped I guess; no one can please everyone.

Ultimately, I want to please GOD - no one else.

Sorry about the rest of you folks but - that's the way it's supposed to be and that is the way it's going to be with me.

You see... I want my reward - and it means more to me than acceptance or high honors or any other kind of gratification on this side of things... if you know what I'm saying.

Blessings
 
It is sad that Mrs. Reeve now has cancer and her husband can not be there for her as she was for him.
I know he is with her in spirit even though he can't be there in person anymore.
Why do the good people have to suffer so much?
I hope the treatments that she gets help her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luciano,

Your Great-Uncle sounds like a wonderful man. Having a Heart of Gold like he did must run in your family. For I know you have a heart of gold also my friend.

I know your Love and Devotion to God comes before all else. That is what I respect the most about you!
You keep going on even when others critisize you.

Jesus also had many enemies, and was called names and hated by many.

Psalm 23 is a Great passage. Thanks for posting it.

God Bless You Luciano!
((HUGS))
Countess
 
A friend of TLB from Sherbrooke sent us the following...

"i believe that our reward is in ourselves - to do too much.... doesn't serve us and it leads us to tragic events.... preventing us to work longer... it's like... do as much as you can forever... and you will find happiness as well as the chance of spreading it around
i think THAT is God's Will for us really... but then again, I may be wrong"

Or... you may be right! :)

Thank you for the comment
 
And another friend of TLB e-mailed the following...

"I'm sorry about your loss in the family. Your cousin was SO young. It's sad to lose someone, especially when they are in their prime. I hope her spirit is at peace now and watching over you and your family."

"I now understand you more when you wrote this..."Ultimately, I want to please GOD - no one else." These are beautiful words...I am the same way. The only difference is is that you have a belief system established...I am still seeking:)!"


Seek and you shall find, my dear :)

Thanks for the sympathy
thanks for the understanding
and thanks for being such a LB faithful...! :)
 
Since you've mentioned Jesus, here's an interesting link for you. It uses the Old Testament prophecy of His passion to retell the story, entirely from His own perspective. Thought you might find it interesting to see what He was thinking during all of that silence:

The Sufferings and the Glory
 
And All Was Accomplished...

Great use of this blog tool that we are providencially given -I am sure- Loren!

Thanks for posting the link here!
Thanks for dropping by my blog!

God Bless
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Luminous ARCHIVES


Est. 2003
© 2007 Onwards ~ Luminous Luciano Pimentel
TLB Prime, The Truth, Luminous Writings, Aqua Musings, The Saudades Blog, 365 Days/Reasons and every other affiliated TLB Prime Network site, whether on Blogger or on another provider, are the intellectual properties of Luminous Luciano aka Luciano Pimentel.
No sections of this website may be reproduced or used in any way, partially or completely, in any fashion whatsoever without written authorization - the only exceptions to this rule occurring in the advent of an objective review of the entertaining value of said material and/or in the advent of objective and 'fair use' of my copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Likewise, several elements displayed on this and on any given blog part of the TLB Prime Network may or may not be in the public domain; in the case of copyrighted material showing up here or anywhere else throughout this network, it is done so in accordance to the rules of the aforementioned FAIR USE ACT - always and in all ways.
All this in total and complete accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107.
For more information, once more, go here
God Bless!

  • Luminous
    Twitter


    on the bottom of the blog
    follow luminousluciano and the TLB Prime Network at http://twitter.com