Forget About That "Secret" (and Invisible too, now) Corny Corner-Ribbon's Drivel! The Real Secret is HERE Indeed - not over there!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Let's Keep This Going Now... Shall We?

Since I've gone on "streaks" here before - I am sure regular readers aka "L.O.V.s" remember with great fondness my series on curses, sprawled out over seven, nine or ten days... a series that had them all save one; the curse that is resting upon me - but that is because it sure is another story...
My Blog - My Prerogative, Right?
Exactly...
Hence, I feel like going on for a while with this spur-of-the-moment thing that made me post the YouTube video AND the lyrics of a favorite musical masterpiece - yesterday's post featuring Baz Luhrman's "song" there...
Today, a radically different piece of music.
It has to be this way - since this is Monday's post!
Fear not; it is not the Boomtown Rats' infamous "I Hate Mondays"
I would never have that as "luminous music" - here, on the luminous blog!
It is dark though - darker than what the luminous blog perhaps should have grace it... But, again, it has to be this way. For this post replaces on the main page (which holds fourteen posts, at all times - the fourteen most recent ones, of course) the homage/commemorative/in memoriam post on my saintly dad...
Something about "no tomorrow" was required and dark it is for I immediately thought of... Donnie Darko. Or rather... of Tears For Fears? I have, though, a hard time to come by either - tears do not come when one is stunned... numb. And as for fears... what is there to fear when one fears not death itself?
Irrational panting pervs? Megalomaniacal extremist minds? Addicted scum of the world? Sullying sick souls, that subversively pervade even further said world?
Nah... there is nothing to fear there!
Now for the lyrics - and the video!
It is the song "Mad World" - as sung by one Gary Jules in his excellent cover version of the Tears For Fears (which was a band's name) classic...
The video contains clips from the film "Donnie Darko" - which in my estimation is a hodge-podge fantasmagorical mix of various elements, oftentimes incongruous. It always hit me as a sort of sick and demented twist on Jimmy Stewart's Harvey - mixed in with a teen angst flick, a supernatural thriller and a morbid sense of humor... Oh, and it also has the same punch at the end as that whole "dream season" of Dallas! Oops - call me a luminous spoiler and slap me with a lawsuit, will you now?
But enough of that - this isn't another IMDB preview/scoop!



Tears For Fears - Mad World

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World
Mad World
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World
Mad World

Link
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Luminous ARCHIVES


Est. 2003
© 2007 Onwards ~ Luminous Luciano Pimentel
TLB Prime, The Truth, Luminous Writings, Aqua Musings, The Saudades Blog, 365 Days/Reasons and every other affiliated TLB Prime Network site, whether on Blogger or on another provider, are the intellectual properties of Luminous Luciano aka Luciano Pimentel.
No sections of this website may be reproduced or used in any way, partially or completely, in any fashion whatsoever without written authorization - the only exceptions to this rule occurring in the advent of an objective review of the entertaining value of said material and/or in the advent of objective and 'fair use' of my copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Likewise, several elements displayed on this and on any given blog part of the TLB Prime Network may or may not be in the public domain; in the case of copyrighted material showing up here or anywhere else throughout this network, it is done so in accordance to the rules of the aforementioned FAIR USE ACT - always and in all ways.
All this in total and complete accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107.
For more information, once more, go here
God Bless!

  • Luminous
    Twitter


    on the bottom of the blog
    follow luminousluciano and the TLB Prime Network at http://twitter.com